How to identify a point and insert a connection

Hi,

I’m starting to work with Dynamo, I would like to know if it’s possible or how it would be possible to do the following routine:

• How to identify the junction point between the column and the beam (item 2 in the image) and insert a connection family (same as item 1 in the image).

@gdawsonfc ,

look at topics like this…

KR

Andreas

Hey, you can use this simple script to find that intersection points. Also, you can get the wall faces and find the intersection point between the curve of a pipe element and a surface.

1 Like

@Amir.Moeini.Sh ,

you can try this

KR

Andreas

I’m not looking for that as I don’t have issues with this, I thought you or someone needs help.

1 Like

FYI, based on dealing with structural elements in the past, there is a joint/gap between the beam and the column, so the elements don’t actually intersect with each other.

How you approach will be based on how your corbel/haunch connection family is modeled. Is the insertion point at the top center or top left/right edge of the corbel/haunch? Assuming there is a joint between the beam and the column, so you can’t just get the intersection point between the two. You may have to get a relative point on the bottom of the beam and project a line to the column and get the intersecting point of the line and the face of the column.

Check out this video (and similar documentation), as it utilizes the tools specifically for placing structural connections.

1 Like