How to get the length of a Model In Place sweep?

If anyone can help!.

I’ve spend an all day trying to get the lenght of an in-place model roof, in this case is a roof fascia.
The main problem is that this roof is a in place model and it has more then one sweep.

I just cant acess the leght of the sweep along the path.

I sent some images and a dyn that just doesn’t work. :frowning:

If some one has any idea how to do it i’ll appreciate.

Thank’s

_Fascia Lenght.dyn (25.4 KB)

CANOPY_TYPE_B.rvt (1.5 MB)

If you have only 3 curves to measure, you can start using Select Edges and Curve.Length. Otherwise, you could get the geometry, flatten it and filter resulting curves by length. You should find what you need about that somewhere on the forum.

1 Like

This is a very nice tip.
Now I can get the lenght mesure of the sweep!
The problem is that it’s a building that has hundreds of roof flashing, made in the same manner.
I was looking for a way to select all the roof fascias (in place sweep) and acess their paths, so i could get the lenght in a faster way. but if there is no othe way this tip works, i’ll just have to work also :-).

Thanks a lot Yna_Db :slight_smile:

Just discover that node in a discussion:Springs.Collector.ElementSketch, you can give it a try

Thank you!
It seams to be just what I need!!!
I will try to see if I get some ideas.

Thanks Yna_Db :slight_smile:

Seems to get the profile curves and not the path, or not? I don’t have much time to do further tests today…

Yeah this node would get the profile. You can get an approximate legtth by dividing the volume with the area of that profile, but if you need more accurate length at a specific curve you would need to measure it.
We’re talking in place component here.

However for modelling fascia it would be probably better to use the fascia in Revit. It also provides a length parameter.

2 Likes