How to get parameters from Model-In-Place

Hi everyone,

Maybe you know how to retrieve parameters in Dynamo from a created Model-In-Place? Specifically, I want to extract parameters from an attic, - the length of the sketch. The attic is constructed using a model-in-place approach, categorized as a Generic Model, and involves creating a profile by dragging along a sketch path(Sweep). I aim to obtain the length of this path to define the profile of the attic. Is it feasible to achieve this in Dynamo? Because in the model, I’ve noticed that this parameter is not editable and cannot be assigned another parameter.

I require the sum of all these path lines in a single parameter. However, obtaining a list of all the line lengths within that element would be greatly beneficial.

Thanks in advance:)

There is no way to extract model in place data from elements as there is not API access to the model in place environment.

You could try to extract the sketch curves from the instance’s geometry, but you’d need to know which of the geometry surfaces are defined by the sketch.

Thank you, that’s what I was thinking. I was actually contemplating how to somehow determine the longest line, but it becomes quite challenging around corners. Well, I’ll give it a try anyway.