How to get all elements of linked file in active view?

I want to get all elements from linked file in active view, I am using steamnode to get element from linked file. is there any filter node I can use here to get only elements of active view.

1 Like

Hi,

You can use GetLinkedElement.InHostViewAndCategory from Data-Shapes package.

1 Like

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

please see the below I am getting null as a result

Don’t input a list of document in LinkDoc.
Use a GetItemAtIndex node to not have a list.

There is also the node Get Elements in View in Document by Category from Bakery package.

1 Like

You need to update Dynamo. Once that’s done you can run with the document input set to level 1 which should cause it to iterate over the list correctly.

1 Like

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

Its working only for plan view but not for sections and 3D views. Or else I am missing something? Is there any other node that works for plan, sections and 3D views ?

1 Like

For a 3D active view you can use the Bimorph package with a bounding box contains like this :

3 Likes

Thank you! Its working now.

Hi,

I would like to let you know that the collect of elements from linked file in a 3D active view is now easier with the latest version of the Genius Loci package.

3 Likes

what does the Unique Link Doc code block do?

It is just accessing the first document in the list of two documents.

1 Like

Hey does the 2D version only work if the linked doc and the host doc have a view that has the same name?
In my Project this is not the case, i want to filter all the walls in my active view in the host model from the linked architecture model but i dont have a view with the same name in the linked model is that why im getting Null as my output?

Do like this :

• Select linked view
  • Get walls by category and linked view

linked walls in linked view.dyn (12.6 KB)

Hey @Alban_de_Chasteigner,
thanks for the response, but you have it exactly the other way around. My Walls are in the linked model and my view is in the model im working at. I want to select only the walls from the linked modell that are seen in my current view.

I pretty much want exactly what you showed earlier, but i get Null as my output instead of the walls in the view for some reason. Any Idea anyone?

The GetLinkedElement.InHostViewAndCategory node can only work in an english Revit version.

Oh wow thats a weird error haha, is there any workaround? which input would be causing the problem? The only thing that i see displayed as german would be the Walls part, is that the issue?

Edit the custom node and replace the base point parameter Elev with its german equivalent.

2 Likes

That sounds suprisingly easy, how do i know what the german equivalent is tho :D? Sorry for those beginner questions!

1 Like