How to embed parameters into geometry created by Dynamo?

So I have managed to create the cladding geometry for all the buttresses. However for the contractor to work obviously I need to be able to schedule the dimensions of each cladding panels. Usually I would create an adaptive family of the cladding with shared parameters reporting its dimension and then populate them by placing on point in Dynamo.

But since it is such a counter-intuitive way of working so I wondered if there is a way to create geometry by dynamo -> import it in Revit -> adding parameter to that imported geometry to be scheduled later on ???

I think you would have to add them via project parameters.
Search the forum posts to find examples.

You can import geometry as FamilyInstances.ByGeometry from Spring Nodes. It allows you to specify a family template. Create your own family template with the necessary parameters. After the import you can simply write the parameter values.

2 Likes

Untitled

Iā€™m using Dynamo 1.2 and this is the only spring node for importing I think. There is still directshape but directshape will give out unclean geometry.

Which version of spring nodes are you using? Search the library for familyinstance.by