Add parameter to dynamo geometry

Hello, Is there a way to convert Dynamo geometry to Revit geometry so I can add parameters?

Let me explain…

First, I created an object in Revit. Then, I selected this object(model element) in Dynamo to apply the fillet command. After applying the desired fillet to my object, I proceeded to import the new object back into my Revit model. The issue here is that the new object is imported(to Revit) as a block and does NOT have any editable parameters. Is there any way to add parameters to this new object?

I don’t think that would be possible.

@Michan44 @Vikram_Subbaiah

Once you finish working on the solid, instead of using ImportInstance.ByGeometry try using the FamilyInstance.ByGeometry from the SpringNodes package. As for adding a parameter to it, if you first add a project parameter in Revit to match the category then you can use the Element.SetParameterByName node to add whatever value you want as the new family gets loaded. I just tested this and it seemed to work just fine. FYI, project parameters will show up for all elements per category regardless of them being built into the families themselves.

2 Likes

@Michan44 As @CBailey suggested you can use spring nodes package custom node to create family then later you can add parameters to the family using dynamo (need python) or revit.

Alright :slight_smile:
I thought, @Michan44 meant dimensional parameters, to alter the geometry.

@Kulkul

Are you able to add Family parameters or Shared parameters directly to the new families? If so that would be cool.

My solution with the project parameter does allow the parameter values to be edited when the families first get created, but the values are stored in the project and not the family by themselves. If that makes sense. The values would not be driving any geometry, but you could at least add any values generated in dynamo like a radius or something to schedule in Revit.

Yes its possible to add parameter directly to family using dynamo. Using this http://revitapisearch.com/html/ab0c05f5-7f06-b639-7fd8-39f0b8ffcc24.htm

2 Likes

link doesnt work. Could you update by any chance?