How to create smooth curve surfaces

Hi everyone! I’m getting started with Dynamo, trying to make a lamp by spherical coordinates. I almost got it, allthough I’m sure there is an much easier way to solve it ( I would appreciate suggestions with the lists).

The problem is that when I translate this geometry from Dynamo to a Revit generic model the shape comes out with straight lines and diagonals on the curves. How can I obtain a smoth curve, without fascias? By nubcurves instead of solids?

Överud_SphericalCoordinates_4version

Hi Ana,

Use custom node “DirectShape.ByGeometry” from Spring nodes package to get smooth lines. Good Luck!

Untitled

Hi Kulkul,

Thanks for answering… I did the geometry with this node, that seams to be the same, and it comes out as you can see in the image:

Captura

The node which your using is not the same as i showed above. Your using standard node. You need to use custom node “DirectShape.ByGeometry” from Spring nodes package.

If you didn’t installed the package yet. You can find the package in Dynamo Online package search and install. Good Luck!

1 Like

They’re named the same but they work quite differently, I assure you. Doesn’t hurt to give it a try:

Wow… that’s exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!