How to change visibility of rooms in colorfill scheme?

Hello dear Dynamo-Users,

currently I am working on a project to set up a colorfill scheme in a view and change the parameters of the colorfill scheme, in particular the visibilty. I am working with the nodes from the package GeniusLoci.
In order to create a colorfill scheme I duplicated a colorfill scheme and removed all the entries, which are not connected to my room names. Now I am trying to change the visibilty so that only one room gets colored in that view. Is this possible?
I tried to change it with the nodes “Get ColorFill Scheme Properties” and “ColorFill Scheme UpdateEntry” from the GeniusLoci package, but both did not work for me. Has anybody an idea how to reach this?

@jo292 ,

you can try this

KR
Andreas

Hi,

If you want help, you should show your graph with previews enabled under the nodes.

Is this possible with the Revit interface ? Dynamo can only do what is already possible manually in Revit.

In the picture you can see my dynamo script with the previews of the nodes. I tried to connect “ColorFillScheme UpdateEntry” and “Set ColorFill Scheme Properties”. Both are not working for me and show “No”.

It is possible to change the visibility of the room colorfill scheme in the interface of Revit (shown in the first picture, it is in German…). And apparently it is also possible with the nodes I am trying to use. I just don’t know how to.

Same with the “Set ColorFill Scheme Properties”-node.

Thank you! But I am looking for a way to create this with the nodes from the GeniusLoci package without using Python.

You only need to remove the extra list level after the ColorFillScheme RemoveEntry.
Add a codeblock with x[0] written.

Example :

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is quite logic. I can’t believe that I did not see that…

This solution only seems to work when you want to change the visibility from only one colorfill scheme… When the input of the “Set ColorFill Scheme Properties”-node is more than one scheme the output is “Null”.

For several scheme, use the longest lacing on the Set or Update Scheme nodes.

1 Like