How do you run multiple graphs/codes?

Apologies new to this so still learning the correct language.
I have 3 separate graphs in the same dynamo space. How can I set the run order to complete the graphs one after another in a specific order?

Use a ‘waitfor’ method, where you pass through the first set of data in the second section of the graph after receiving the last bit of data in the first section of the graph. This can either be done via codeblock [passThrough, waitFor][0] or with the ‘WaitFor’ node in Clockwork or similar packages.

1 Like

Hi Jacob, don’t think I explained well enough. Graph 1 moves data from Sheet 3 to Sheet 1 in my excel workbook. Graph 2 imports data from multiple other excel spread sheets and puts the data into Sheet 2 of the workbook. Graph 3 combines the data from Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 into Sheet 3. So Sheet 1 is Old Data, Sheet 2 is New data and Sheet 3 is the All Data.

The 3 graphs are completely separate but I need them to run in that order.

Kind Regards

All in one dyn?

yeah is that possible?

Yes.

The output of the node which writes to excel sheet 1 is the ‘waitFor’ input to your first “WaitFor” node/method. The file path for the excel document is your ‘passThrough’ input.

The output from the node which writes to sheet #2 is your ‘waitFor’ input to your second “WaitFor” node/method. The file path is your ‘passThrough’ inout.

Alternatively you could collect all the data and write to sheets 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously by leveraging list lacing and levels.

So when I right click and hover over the lacing tab I get the options of Auto, Shortest, Longest and Cross Product. how do I use that to order the running of the script?

That doesn’t change the run order, but changes how data is handled.

Best to review section 6 (and perhaps more parts) of the Dynamo Primer. Designing with Lists | The Dynamo Primer

Will do. Thanks for your help Jacob