Honeybee (daylight factor)

Hello forum,

I have tried to use honeybee for Dynamo but I can not get it to work. I have been using Honeybee for Grasshopper for some time and now I wanted create similar workflows using Revit. I have been searching for some good tutorials or similar way of getting started but haven’t found any. If anyone have come across tutorials or the alike, all of the questions below might be answered by it.

I tried to build up a script similar to how I would do it in Grasshopper, but it doesn’t work. Any feedback on how to get it to work is very much appreciated. I divided the script into parts as described below:

1. Geometry:
    I have used Select faces for selecting geometries in the different categories (walls, windows etc). this might not be the best approach?

2. Materials:
    There is only a glass material in the Honeybee package. I have therefore given all surfaces a glass material of transparency “0” to be non-transparent except for the window.

For walls and ceiling I get an error because it “failed to extract points, because object has no attributes”.
What is this caused by?

For floor I only get a “function” as output. Should I get an “all good! Vvizzzzz…” as I get with the window?

1. Points/mesh:
    Is based on the floor face, and I get a list of functions as an output. If I use the walls as “borders” I will get an error

2. Sky
    Seems to be working.

3. Recipe/Run
    Due to the first part of the script not working its hard to determine if this part does.

I hope some of you have the knowledge to get me going with Honeybee.

Hi, the honeybee plus github is a great source for help as well if you havent already checked it out.

To use opaque material: https://github.com/ladybug-tools/honeybee-plus/issues/28

From first glance, it seems there is no geometry plugged into the honeybee surface node for floors.

For the grid check out: https://github.com/ladybug-tools/honeybee-plus/issues/32#issuecomment-272874432

For the surfaces: between the select faces node and the honeybee surface node, you need to use element.geometry to extract the surfaces.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
I’ll have a look at the links you sent me and see if it will solve my problems.

@mpjCJWLJ did you solve your issue here. I just saw this.

Hello Mostapha,

The issue was solved on github:

:thumbsup: Good to know!