Help! Sheets creation_Excel to Revit

Hello all,

I have been trying to use one of the available nodes to create sheets from Excel but had no success. I have downloaded a series of other

I have seen that video from Konrad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM-ft8N_hY) but am getting errors… It says

<span style=“color: #222222;”>Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.</span><wbr style=“color: #222222;” /><span style=“color: #222222;”>EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed. </span>Traceback (most recent call last): File “<string>”, line 42, in <module>TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is unsubscriptable
<div style=“color: #222222;”>And I have an error before the Phyton node saying that the custom node definition is not loaded (Element Id).</div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”></div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”>I have selected a titleblock that is loaded in the .rvt and it is also correctly loaded in the dynamo file (it does not show as yellow or red). I have also loaded a series of other nodes such as clockwork, steamnodes and lunchbox, among many others.</div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”>Additionally, I have tried as well the simpler nodes from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2F8APDm8v4 but it does not recognize the string for some reason.</div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”>I have been using Dynamo 8.0 with the latest daily build from last week.</div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”>The attached excel ending in “Test 2” is expected to work with the “Sheets Excel to Revit.dyn” while the long numbered excel file is expected to work with the “Sheet Creator_SIMPLE.dyn”</div>
<div style=“color: #222222;”>Sheets Excel to Revit Sheet Creator_SIMPLE 45235_Y_150119_DRAWING PRODUCTION LIST_STAGE E KE-A-DRAWING SCHEDULE-Test 2</div>

Hello all, (I don’t know why it looked like that in the previous post and could not edit it).

I have been trying to use one of the available nodes to create sheets from Excel but had no success. I have downloaded a series of other

I have seen that video from Konrad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM-ft8N_hY) but am getting errors… It says

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator. EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed. Traceback (most recent call last): File “<string>”, line 42, in <module>TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is unsubscriptable

And I have an error before the Phyton node saying that the custom node definition is not loaded (Element Id).

I have selected a titleblock that is loaded in the .rvt and it is also correctly loaded in the dynamo file (it does not show as yellow or red). I have also loaded a series of other nodes such as clockwork, steamnodes and lunchbox, among many others.

Additionally, I have tried as well the simpler nodes from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2F8APDm8v4 but it does not recognize the string for some reason.

I have been using Dynamo 8.0 with the latest daily build from last week.

The attached excel ending in “Test 2” is expected to work with the “Sheets Excel to Revit.dyn” while the long numbered excel file is expected to work with the

Have you read this:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hello All,

I am having similar issue, I have been using Dynamo 8.0 with the latest daily build from last week.

“Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 45, in <module>
TypeError: ‘int’ object is unsubscriptable”

In addition, I have been looking for the node to extract the Item ID

Thank you for your help!

All,

You may want to have a look at the one i created, it was done in line with BS1192 drawing standard in the UK but may be worth a look in to and adapting/enhancing?

Download link with dynamo file and readme.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17332191/Revit%20Sheet%20Creation%20via%20Dynamo.zip

Regards,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Many thanks for your reply! I work in the UK as well, so the BS1192 comes very handy… I have tried your nodes but had some issues. For some reason I can’t add the values into the sheet (either manually or by Dynamo). Also, I got a warning/error about the range.

Please take a look at the following files and let me know your thoughts.KE Shared Parameters Sheet Creation From Excel-KE Test 1 Z1-A1 BS1192 Landscape2 (vertical title)

Brendan has pointed out that I have changed the shared parameters name in my Revit file, so there was a mismatch of names. I fixed that now, but am still having one error. If you guys know what is going wrong, please let me know.KE Shared Parameters
Error

Sheet Creation From Excel-KE Test 1

Hi Konrad,

I have tried yours as well but the issue I have is right at the beginning: Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching, please check that the right variable types are being passed to the inputs. Couldn’t find a version of ReadFromFile that takes arguments of type (string,string).

I just can’t get pass this because there is no other option for reading the excel file. Again, I have downloaded archi-lab, lunchbox, steamnodes, clockwork, etc… I have also tried it in Dynamo 0.7.5 with exact same results.

What am I missing here? This is very frustrating!! I can’t get Dynamo to do anything useful in any version…

I think this has brought about a change i need to do. I have done it but need to just double check there are no other issues. Once i have done this i will release a new version :slight_smile: