Grid Type

Hello everyone, I’m currently working on a Python script to convert grids between 3D and 2D representations. I found a helpful reference document at the following link:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/revit-api-docs/setverticalextents_method_60/#edit-3254927585

According to the information provided in the link, when creating a 3D grid, the SetDatumExtentType should be set to “Model,” and when creating a 2D grid, it should be set to “ViewSpecific.” However, I’m facing a perplexing issue with the grids in my project. Despite being 2D grids, their DatumExtentType is “Model.” This contradicts my understanding that 3D grids should have the “Model” DatumExtentType, while 2D grids should have the “ViewSpecific” DatumExtentType. Could you help me to clarify this?

1 Like

Linking to the original site not the aggregator so that the adds which support the Revit API docs site help keep the lights on for Gui and all of us who utilize it: SetVerticalExtents Method

@jacob.small pardon me, I don’t understand what you mean.

1 Like

The Discus link is the conversation on the bottom of the api docs page I linked. By circumventing the API docs page and goi g to discus directly you circumvent the (quite minimal) advertisements on RevitAPI docs which are used pay for hosting and such.

2 Likes

@jacob.small oh, that’s right. Thank you. But can you help me with the problem that I have?

Hi,

I don’t know if it’s related but, to set propagating 2D, datum extent need to be outside the crop boundary of the view

try by moving a datum extent is outside the crop boundary of the view (or move temporarily the crop boundary of the view)

test datum grids

@c.poupin Hi, now I understand. If the grids are inside the crop boundary, we can SetDatumExtentType to ViewSpecific if we want to make 2D, set to Model to make 3D. But when the grids are outside the crop boundary, they’re always 2D although their type is Model or ViewSpecific.