Grid renumbering

Have anyone tried renumbering grids with this Rhythm node? Why it shows null to me, what am i doing wrong?

I’m updating now. Recently I made a revision to the following node, String.RemovePriorToCharacter.

This broke quite a few things…

Download newest version of Rhythm to fix. (20161121)

1 Like

Hi John,

I tried new version, but now it shows a different error…

Yeah, that “1” grid. (Fourth one from the left) is going to inhibit this from working. You can maybe change the numbers to letters first, then change to numbers.

Or renumber them really high first, then renumber.

This what happens, when I try to renumber from letters to numbers, it changes only the first one

1 Like

Can you try renumbering as numbers and set the start as something like 3000?

if i try with 3000…

and that what happens if i try something different

it at least shows all grids at the end, not only one

Cool, this has been useful. I have revised the nodes and added one more. Please keep in mind that this workflow requires you to not be naming the nodes any name that already exists. (I demonstrate this in my example)

The node also no longer requires a toggle for letters or numbers. Simply input the start character and it will do the rest.

Here it is in action:

The latest version has the correct nodes.

3 Likes

it still shows “null” to me doing the same as you did…
can there be a problem that I am using 2015 Revit, as you maybe are using newer version?

I’ll have to check. What version of dynamo?

Hi,

I’m new to dynamo. Got a parking renumbering script running before. Trying to use your node to renumber grids, just not sure why its not working, using model line. Watched your gif over and over. Is there anything below you can see I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jeremy

This thread is fine as I have not had a chance to investigate in a Revit 2015 yet. @vanman, what version of Revit and dynamo are you in?

thanks John, im in 2017.1 and dynamo 1.2

Can you try out this file and let me know the errors. Screenshot works fine.renumberGrids.dyn (23.1 KB)

*Also update to the latest version of Rhythm, posted today.

Hi John, I gave it a go. No errors, but no changes to the grids . Thanks for all your help

I thought maybe this parking renumbering might be of use to you. I tried modifying it for grids but i get an error at the bounding box and at set parameter name. I changed the code block to “Name” for set parameter name but this didn’t help. Hopefully could be of use to you. Still learning this Dynamo and playing around so sorry if its totally irrelevant lol. By the way, thanks for your sentence casing node, was really handy.

Did you update to rhythm 2016.12.5? And how long is your input curve?

yup updated, input curve? is that Curve.Extrude distance? thats 200

Your actual length of model curve, the one in your Revit model.