Grid and coordinates

yes only select one edge (direction) and one surface at time, and run from Player for avoiding element binding… if you have different surfaces with different gridsizes :wink: hope it helps

but i want to select top faces of all the floors( beacuse of which i have to select edges in each floor) and grid size will be same in each floor.

is possible to extract the coordinates of all the points that are with in a distance 6 feet from the all the edges

1 Like

Yes it is…Join your perimeter curves to polycurve and offset 6 feet then explode polycurve and intersect the curves and then you have the coordinate point

mean offset 6 feet negative and here is how you found top surface and perimeter curve…

1 Like

Datashapes grid(6).dyn
what changes i should make to achieve 2 things?

1. that it select all the edges of the selected face.
  2. and separated list of coordinates for the points that are with in 6 feet distance from each edge. even from the opening at the center of level 2.

Offset edge).dyn (42.2 KB)

1 Like

PS…you will need this package here for group perimeter curves…

1 Like

thankyou so much but i want excel sheet of coordinates all the intersecting point that are in 6 feet distance from all edges.
sharing a rough sketch for reference

I am getting coordinates at all these intersecting points(red points) in an excel sheet using this dynamo file
Datashapes grid(6).dyn (174.1 KB)
i am asking how can I made certain changes in this script that it will give coordinates of only those intersecting points( that is the blue bold points in handmade sketch) that are with in 6 feet from all edges even the opening in the center.

looking for your response. thankyou for such concern means alot

Cool…for export point to excel, i had shown in post #20…for the other things i will take a look later…you know time :wink: but anyway i think i already had shown all possible combinations :wink:

1 Like

yes. that had helped a lot.
yes sure please look at it later i am hoping that you understand my query.

@sovitek

hello. hope you are doing great. last time you helped me a lot and made things easy and understandable for me.
I am working on the same script till now I wanted to know if it possible or not.
I have two scripts one that you helped me with for getting the coordinates at all the intersecting points (yellow). i made another script for making lines at 6’ from edges.
i want to get the coordinates at the red points on the line 6’ from edges. i am able to get all the coordinates on the intersecting point (yellow points) but I am not able to get these red coordintes.
sharing images for reference.

final map.dyn (251.4 KB)

Cheers Fil…all good here :wink: hope the same for you…, yes it should be possible, I will take a look later…you know time ;)…could you share the rvt as well…dont think i have it anymore…/Søren

1 Like

thankyou. waiting for your response.

coordinates-1.rvt (4 MB)

https://nustedupk0-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/usman_hassan_nice_nust_edu_pk/EaPV3zVb7zRMsJzao7cwW5cB4M51JTlv_H1sbGY0PxHS2Q?e=1FmXLX

the actual model

have you checked?

Dont have the time right now…watch football Denmark vs Belgium ;

1 Like