Geometry from floor

Hey Dynos,

I am very new to dynamo i want to create a thicken surface from floors but i want to offset that surface from the selected floor from each side i want a result like i shown in the image.

this thing i want to do for a end result and my end result is i want to get the rooms which intersects that geometries the offset thing i want because dynamo always select all the rooms which are just touching the surfaces.

i hope i was able to explain my problem

Are you trying to create a floor finish that is offset from the floor in the Revit model?

Try this → Select Face then SurfaceOffset(or Geometry.Translate) and Surface.Thicken .

Select face > Surface.PerimeterCurves > Polycurve.ByJoinedCurves > Curve.Offset > Surface.ByPatch > Surface.Offset > Surface.Thicken (include the BothSides override or use a Surface.ExtrudeAsSolid instead).

Note that it may be faster to take the outline of the rooms, convert those to a polycurve, offset it slightly, and test for intersection with the floor surface (lower geometric complexity because no solids to deal with).

thanks @jacob.small i think this might be what i was looking for i will try and get back with my results.

1 Like