Grid and coordinates

Try something like this

1 Like

thanks alot.
this is for one floor(ground) how can I have it for the all floors in the model.

these points are excluded. how can we get these coordinates at these edges

similarlyy coordinates at these point. how can i adjust it

Hello…Instead of select face, then you can try category (Floors) , then all element from category, then filter the surfaces so you only hit the highest surface, and you should be good to go :wink:

1 Like

Find the surface boundary curves and intersect this as well

@fil Here is a option for multiple floors…hope it will work for you…

test.dyn (30.6 KB)

Here is an example how to filter surface.

2 Likes

thankyou for your guide and help. means a lot.
I am sorry since you guide so well I want to ask another question here.
is it possible to mark fixed points on the boundary of each floor( like the red ones) at a fixed distance and then export the coordinates of each marked point on excel. if yes then how?

Great you can use it…anyway take a deep look an this side here and you will find answer to almost all questions Dynamo Dictionary or create a new topic

1 Like

sure I will. but didn’t find anything related to parameter adjustment and scaling of isocurves

can I change this parameter so that I can have different number of curves on both sides

That is possible with list levels and lacing. The basics are discussed in the 3 videos on lists in this playlist: Dynamo Office Hours - YouTube

You only need to catch the basics, not the Q&A or intro, but sending time adjusted links in YouTube while on a mobile phone is a bit tough.

1 Like

test1.dyn (53.9 KB)
Yes its possible, but think there are a few issues with use Iso curves, not easy to control the distance between grids and its always sharp to xy coordinates so dont follow rotation

So here i had tried to make one with help from plane intersect, will not work in all cases…so if someone had a good solution i would love to hear it;)

Build your host surface via a loft instead of a patch and it should stay aligned.

1 Like

cheers Jacob…i wil try :wink:

@fil …this one here should work for you, will always follow orientation, and option for grid size X and Y and offset the grid in both direction…here you will need Genius Loci and DynaMEP package…it is a little bit dirty, but works

test2.dyn (62.1 KB)

1 Like

Smart to use plans to get intersections.
To transform a Curve to Line, you can just use Geometry.Explode.

1 Like

Thanks Alban, yes best to use OOTB if possible :wink:

@fil here is an upgraded version for DataShapes…

Datashapes grid.dyn (146.1 KB)

2 Likes

can you please explain this. i am not able to see these grids on my model. even If select the face

Hi @fil …very strange works for me here…Make sure you run from player for avoid elementbinding…

Try with this one here instead…and hope it will work for you…
Datashapes grid.dyn (189.1 KB)

see… when i select the face the window greyed out.