Graphics Override filter by group name

I’m pretty new to dynamo, and I have been playing around today to try and figure out if I can filter my groups in my model by their group names.

Essentially, I am trying to create views in my ‘start up’ view to express the different groups that make up some of the model. I want to do this in 3d views by overriding the groups surface patterns, but I want this override to relate to the group name so if I add or take away levels then these view will automatically update their graphics.

I initially started by using a code block with the groups name, then I plugged that into the rythem node ‘Collector.ModelGroupByName’. This gave me the lists along with the group id’s, but I couldn’t figure out where to go from here with its output being ‘group instances’.

I was hoping to apply these instances to a view filter and do my overrides via that filter, but I came up short with the view filter nodes - kept getting hung up on what to plug into the parameter filter option.

Anyway, if anyone could point me in the right direction. I can post an image of the script I was working on tomorrow if all else fails, and maybe I can get some further advice.

Thanks

Could you please post an image or .dyn file?

So I have my groups lifted under ‘LEVEL 1 - 5 MODEL GROUPS’ which has provided my group IDs. Its how i plug this parameter into my view override node, or even if that is the correct node to use. I essentially want to apply this as a view filter to all my 3d views