Graphic elements override in several views

hello @all,

i have seen that there is only an option to do graphical overrides in a current activ view?
is there a possibility to do so in multiple views in the same time?

greetings :slight_smile:

What have you tried?
Edit GeniusLoci has View SetElementOverrides node (This wasn’t working in 2024 when I tried)

Here is an example with OOTB nodes by category

hey @Mike.Buttery
ViewSetCategoryOverrides is not the right tool for me, because i wanted to color preselected elements…

And “GeniusLoci has View SetElementOverrides node” is only working for one active view, so there is not the option to get the elements from different views…

Hi,

The usefulness of the View SetElementOverrides node is precisely to work in several views at the same time. For a single view, the OOTB Element.OverrideColorInView node does the job very well.
Depending on the structure of your input lists, you may need to use list levels or lacing on the custom node.

1 Like

oh ok i will check this up :slight_smile:

Hi @kevin.scholtyssekM76 ,

I don’t think this is possible. I’ve encountered multiple times that I was only able to edit/ change things in the current active view in both Revit and Civil3D. I think thats how the software is designed. Perhaps @jacob.small can substantiate or discuss this answer.

Element overrides are defined by the view. It’s definitely possible to set multiple overrides for multiple views.
View Class (revitapidocs.com)