Getting floor plan outline with door and window openings

So ultimately I’m trying to place tags in sweet spots on walls. This means avoiding door and window openings to start. My thinking is I get the wall lines. Get the hosted elements. Get there location and make lines or points off the width of the door or window and split the wall line. Ending up with multiple wall lines. But then I can get the longest of them and use curve point at parameter and place the tag… Just so crazy it might work?

Weird shits happening though. Double doors seem to be making double lines while I’m trying to make points and curves to break up the wall lines somehow. Also starting and hopfully keeping at lines for processing later on.

This has potential but its slow and breaks. Element.Geometry is slow too

1 Like

@vanman ,

hmmm… could it work like this

I will give it a go tomorrow :blush:

I have a little bit of that in this video for clipping doors from room boundaries. How to Calculate Sight Lines in Revit with Dynamo - Full Tutorial - YouTube

Thanks John thats helpful. I’ve been thinking about similar things for when I have time to approach this again.

My thoughts were carrying on from what I have. Getting the bounding box of windows and doors. Getting the perimeter outline on the plane the wall is on. Getting the bottom curve and then using the length of the curve to space the tag off to the side of the opening or somehow remove that length of curve from the wall. Could get into a scenario where a door is at the end of the wall and it places it to the wrong side. However I could get the bottom wall plan surfaces and if the point misses a wall change its vector to the other side. So many things to account for. Its a good challenge. Ill post when I get a chance to see how it goes.

I would use this method for the bottom wall surfaces to try keep everything running as fast as possible when people tag many plans.

Can anyone tell me how I snapshot the whole graph in dynamo 2.12? Need to post here again but cant figure it out

@vanman ,
grafik
With zoom in you can wheel the quality (readable nodes)

1 Like

Where I’m at. Still need to work through some stuff and add columns for clashing. The tagging node is so slow though! Does anyone know how to get the tag all function to work in a view? Might be better using that then working to move the placed tags