Getting Errors with Location for Element using Survey Point not Base Point

I’m getting errors. we have a family with a pointer. the pointer has coordinates X,Y, Z, when we run the current dynamo script. it shows the location but regarding the base point. We want to be able to use Survey point. This is what I have right now.

You’ll need to transform the geometry from the internal origin (Revit’s hard coded 0,0,0 point) to the desired coordinate system (your survey point) before you pull the XYZ values. There are a few threads on this topic, best to have a look around the forum and try those solutions first.

That’s what I did I actually copied from other forums but I get all these warnings. If you see the picture I have Geometry Transform. From Base point to Survey Point. and I don’t know why I’m also getting null outputs at some point. I don’t why it doesn’t read the Revit Elements.

You’ll need to address the first warning in the string, ie: the GetParameterValueByName nodes. We can’t see what the warning is so you’ll have to do that bit of legwork or share more complete information.

Error is pretty clear to me - you’re trying to pull item N out of a list that isn’t N items long. Expand the preview of the previous node.

What I’m trying to do is assign each value on the list to each BP

Prove the list you’re indexing is inside of another list. Adjust the initial list levels for the get parameter value by name node, or pull the items at index [0][0], [0][1], [0][2], etc…

You’re a life saver bro!!! It’s part of the Solution but I’ll get back to see if it works completely now.

1 Like

almost there!

Expects [coordinate system, point, vector, double]
But got [coordinate system, function, vector, double]

The second input is a function, not a point. Check the node coming in there and you’ll that node expects a coordinate system as the input, but has nothing.

1 Like

You did it. Thanks man

1 Like