Get the calculated values of a table

Hi all
I would like to get the calculated values of a table so that I can manage the area etc. in project parameters. However, at the moment, I don’t know how to get the calculated values of the figure below.
What is the solution? I would appreciate your help.

Hello,

you could store it in a other Parameter…

I see.
This means that I need to write a script for calculation in Dynamo, since I can’t do it with standard functions of Revit.
I would like to have EXCEL as a standard function of Revit in the future.

actually to have .txt is not so bad!
because you can update Excel via data!
2022-03-01_14h24_56
.txt or .csv are more stable to work as Excel

1 Like

you can calculate the area by using ( calculated value) from Modify schedules
But first the Width and depth parameter in the Family should be shared parameters if you are using Revit 2021 or before
Then easily create the Area with calculated value option

Also to want to Mention that you are using Combine parameters for the Formula column, right?

A calculated value is just a formula applied to other parameter values. You can just recreate the calculation in Dynamo. The other option would be to use python or a custom node to query the schedule data directly. (BimorphNodes has some good nodes for querying schedules.)

Yes, I want to get the total value of the entire area you created parameter for me…

Yes, it looks like it.
I’m just learning about Pytho and API development through my work.

I would like to know if there are any reference pages for studying.
I’d like to listen to it because of this opportunity!!

RevitAPIDocs is your best friend for discovering the Revit API and this thread has a bunch of great topics on python basics. Jeremy Tammik’s page thebuildingcoder is also an excellent resource for learning how to use the Revit API.

2 Likes