Schedules to Excel

Hi all,
I’m quite new to Dynamo and working on project where we need to have area calculations from revit in excel, in a way that when a change made on revit, it would reflect on excel.
I couldn’t have it directly from schedules, because I wasn’t able to have areas grouped by comments. I made it manually by areas, making this long graph.
I would be really appreciated if someone could help me. I’ve started to understand the logic of Group by Keys, but something I miss obviously.

This is another try:

Thank you in advance.

Can you be more specific in what you’re looking for? What is the problem you are having? How do you want your data sorted? I’m having trouble understanding what you want.

Thank you first,
I need, basically get total values from Comments and grand total in schedule and to export them to excel.

The way I did was to get Area from category, group them by key and sum in dynamo, but it gets messed when I open it in other revit files where some areas with specified comments don’t exist.

OK, so the issue is when certain Area Comments don’t exist. How do you want it to handle missing Comments? Are you always looking for those three specific comments or are you looking for all comments in a project?

It is probably possible to do this in Dynamo- but I’d suggest it is easier to export all the data (using either Dynamo or build-in txt exporter) and then use a pivot table in Excel to summarise and group as needed.

If you have the data and pivot table in separate files, or separate worksheets in the same file- you can just update the data then refresh the pivottable.


Yes, I’m looking only for those three comments. There aren’t, at least in this project missing comments, to keep schedule organized. But I don’t know how to handle missing ones

Thanks Andrew, I will check this way too.

Don’t use indices to get the comments as this could change. Use the actual comment name.

I also don’t think you’re sorting your Areas correctly. You rearrange the comments order without changing the order of the sums. Your values are then out of order after SortByKey because the keys don’t line up with the correct values anymore.

Edit: In fact a dictionary is probably what you want.

I got it now, Thank you a lot!