Get Family Parameters.... All of them

I have been looking for a way to get all of the family parameters in a list. (I have done a lot of searching)

Element.Parameters does not get all of the shared and family parameters. “Get Family Parameter” gets everything I want, but I can only select one at a time. Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced.

dynamo family parameters 2

1 Like

This will collect all instance parameters and type parameters.

2016-03-24 14_26_06-Dynamo

6 Likes

Much Appreciated. That is what I needed.

I am still noticing some parameters that do not come up using the above methods (Specifically, instance yes/no parameters are not showing). It looks like “Get Family Parameter” gets them all. Any Idea on how to create a list from that node?

dynamo family parameters 2

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Going that route did get 3 out of 4 parameters missing. I’m going to try recreating it and see if the issue is else where. Thanks again.

@Vikram_Subbaiah
Hi.
I further developed your nodes to see if it could solve my problem and I’m almost finished. I just need some help getting over the last hurtle. I’m trying to uncheck specific parameters (Yes/No) )in a title block family that is used in a large number of sheets. I’ve manage to sort out the ones that are checked so that the can be unchecked and the last thing to do is Element.SetParameterByName but I can’t get the element correct.

Grateful for any comments. Am I going about this the wrong way?

@Lukas_Nowikowski

Set the lacing of the Element.SetParameterByName node to cross product and connect your elements.

Also Flatten your list of parameters.

@salvatoredragotta thanks!

I’ve worked a little bit more with this and I have achieved the desired result but not the way I wanted it to. I’m having difficulties with lists for some reason that is unclear to me…
If I use a Code block and add a prefix I get a list with the names of all my parameters. If I connect it to the parameterName in Element.SetParameterByName I get the result I want, to uncheck all the yes/no parameters in my Titleblock. What I want to accieve is that I first want to sort out those parameters that are checked yes and the change those to no. I’ve sorted them out but for some reason the list that comes out of that contains parameters that can’t be found by Element.SetParameterByName.

Does anyone have any clue as to why my sorted list doesn’t work?

@Lukas_Nowikowski The name of the parameters your providing doesn’t match the one in your titleblock.

for example:

Can you provide you dyn file and a sample revit file?

I

@salvatoredragotta Yes this is correct for a limited set of parameters and sheets. But most of the parameters match the ones in the title block. I’m attaching a revit file and dynamo file.

I’m grateful for any help or suggestions.

Parameter.dyn (25.6 KB)
Had to attach the revit file through Sprend because of the file size. https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=24208045256c46db86a3170c65a42efa

I can not find Element.Type node from Rhytm @john_pierson

Use the ootb node called element.elementtype

1 Like

Hello, It seems like the parameters that you get from “Element.Parameters” are only the parameters from the object (red in my image), you still didn’t get the parameters of the Type(blue in my image)?

I am trying to get the parameter of the Type, so that I can do parametric modeling based on these parameters. Is it possible?

Get the family type via the elementtype node which was described above then you get the parameters from this to get the type parameters.

Therefore you will have two get parameter nodes, one from the instances and one from the family types.

3 Likes

super ! Crazy Good. It works quite well with the Plugin Rhythm