I am ultimately trying to achieve a schedule that would associate to each Space a number of parameters extracted (and manipulated) from it.
I would start from windows. As such, I would like to:
- for each space found in the model, list all windows located within the boundary of that space (I figured out
Tool.GetSurroundingElementsnode does the job)
- for each window found, extract certain parameters, such as name, ID, height, lenght (fairly easy)
- for each window found, calculate the angle from true north
- for each window, get the area of the parent wall (more specifically, I am interested in calculating the internal wall area, i.e. the zero-thickness boundary surface that is used for energy models). This represent the window-to-wall area
- Collate one big list, where each window entry has all the parameters above PLUS the indication of the space that contains it.