Get a list of Linked Revit 2019 Models that is set to Visibility = ON in Visibility/Graphics Overrides, in each view on all the sheets

I use Autodesk Revit 2019. Is it possible to get the list of all linked model files that appear in a plan or section views that are placed in a Revit Sheet using Dynamo for Revit 2019? I am open to utilizing Python script as part of a custom node.
Any lead is appreciated on which nodes and custom scripts that I can use.

Purpose of this requirement: I have a lot of Revit Links loaded into the main model and it takes up almost 20 GBs of space when loaded and clogs up the C Drive. Some times I can’t even print the PDF sheets while this is happening and the Revit / PDF Creator programs become unresponsive. Once we get the links that are not required for the sheet views, we can unload to free up some spaces. That is the idea basically.

Hi @BIMVDCManager and welcome something here maybe…

Revit_YIXkRCgFoP

1 Like

This is really promising. Can this be done for multiple sheets at once using a for loop? Also do we have to manually select any links?

Yes it should be possible, i dont select manuelly any linkinstance and you could select all linkintance at once…but you could find out if the views are placed on sheet…archilab have a node isonsheet or try genius loci collector of placed views…try show your graph where you are now

1 Like

i have not 19 installed but this works in 2023.

uses Packages
SEGOKS, Data-Shapes, Spring Nodes

Hi Søren, I am working on it. Will sure post the graph and related sample files here shortly.

This is great. Is it possible for you to provide the .dyn graph file?

RVT Links From Views on Sheet.dyn (13.6 KB)
OBS this takes RVT Links only. if you want to take imported instances it needs some more work. if you need that i suggest trying to find the model category for imported instances from the collector node at the start

Hi Stefan,
Many thanks, It works really good. I had some trouble getting the right Package versions and IronPython dependancies but ultimately it worked.
[Dyn and PNG files along with Sample RVT Parent and Link Files. ] Right now these are RVT 2024 Version Files. Will try and provide RVT 2019 Files shortly. (index)
Unable to upload inline since this is a newly active account.