Changing the Display Setting of Revit Links using Dynamo

There are a few forum post about a year or two ago discussing this topic. I was told that RVT Link Display Setting is inaccessible by the API and therefor it can not be done. Has that change or is that still the case?

For example, I would like to select all view associated to Level 01 and turn off the visibility of anything clearance related in the Linked model.

Still the case as of 2024. I haven’t tried in 2025 yet but there is a note under Link RVT Files that indicates “Added Revit API functionality for Revit Link Visibility/Graphic Overrides, for the Custom option.”

Might be what we have been asking for or it might not…

Unfortunately it’s not quite. To my understanding you can now set the option but not construct it, at least from what i found so far… as usual i hope i am wrong!

Class:

Get:

Set:

These let you copy/paste settings from template to template, but not pick/choose individual parts of that setting as far as i can tell…

Those are the 2024 and prior API documentation pages. There was a change in 2025 but I haven’t had the time to get it completely up and running yet.

1 Like

Because we have a LOT of View Templates, and a LOT of Links, i have found that this DOES work really well with Journal Files, instead of Dynamo.

If you record the actions of changing ONE Links settings in ONE view template, you can paste it in the journal for basically every View Template x number of links, and itll run lightning fast to do it. Ive done this in a number of files to save DAYS of manual clicking.

2 Likes