Generating 360 images of a family in elevation

Hi amazing people of Dynamo.Forum :slight_smile:

I am trying to find a way in which, given a family (a door in this case) the dynamo script will generate 360 images (one corresponding for 1 degree in rotation) of the family instance in elevation (img 0 could for example be the ext view of the door, while 180 the interior view).
Any suggestions on how I could go about it?
I don’t need a rendering of it, I just need them at the same quality as the Default 3D view in Revit.

2 Likes

Have you found how to export one image yet? Is the family a .rfa file or in a project?

What have you tried so far?

2 Likes

not yet. I kinda gave up on it. I tried to do it as a instance in a project, and I had a python script for it (GPT helpled me out, but it unfortunately didn’t work.)

not really sure what you want…but you try export to GTIF…know it isnt Dynamo but Distem from diroots could help

The task is totally possible, but would need Python and Revit API to produce the outcome. It would involve updating a 3D view angle at 1 degree increments then exporting an image after each iteration.

The API commands would be the following:

Set 3D view position:

Export an image:

Maybe GPT can give you better results using these, but if you have no Python experience it might be a good time to learn. If you’re new to Dynamo, focus on learning that first of course.

2 Likes

Hi @sovitek. This is what I have imagined. Below you have a “classic elevation view”, whilist the second one is a one at ~45 degrees. I would like to have 360 images with the camera tilting 1 degree each time.

door_0_double_exterior_with-g_hinged_2100_2100_1_elev
door_0_double_exterior_with-g_hinged_2100_2100_3_elev

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with Python and Dynamo principles of work to an extent but not as far as for me to cook up a solution. I’ll look into what you posted :smiley:

1 Like

Arhaa here we need an architect :wink: but im sure Gavins idea will work :wink:

1 Like

Depending on the family type, instead of rotating the view you could rotate the family instance. Might be a bit quicker that way.

1 Like