Floors Not Going to Multiple Levels

Not sure what I’m missing. This graph is intended to make 2 floors on 2 levels. It make’s 2 floors on top of each other on level 1. The floors end up with the right level, its just that the level 2 floor has an offset equal to the level height. Any ideas?

i think you might need to offset the curves up to level two for that level’s boundaries.

I found a way to do this…but is it ideal?

As John has indicated above, the outline needs to be on the same plane as the floor.

Thanks for the replies! Vikram, I just tried your graph and got an error on the Floor by outline node. Any ideas? Warning: Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel operation failed. Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel operation failed. Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve

Set lacing to Longest

1 Like

Thank you, setting Lacing to Longest on the Floor by outline node worked.

Thank you for your help on this Vikram. Is there a reason that it would be better to offset the curves up vs apply a list of Levels to the floor as I did in my graph?

The Level parameter value of all floor will be Level 1, if you only offset the floors with a list of levels.

I don’t mean to contradict but that wasn’t the case with my initial graph. The floors did have the correct Level information from multiple Levels. The problem was the ‘Height Offset From Level’ needed to be zero.

If that is the case, I stand corrected, just consider my suggestion to be an alternate approach.