Floor finishes by Revit room boundary - Script Issue

Hi all, I’m a beginner at dynamo.
Was following the BIM Guru script for Floor finishes by Revit room boundary and got few errors on the way, fixed most and I can’t figure out what’s wrong in the final steps.

Following is the error message in Element.SetParameterBy Name node:
Warning: Element.SetParameterByName expects argument type(s) (Element, string, var), but was called with (int, string, double).

The error tells you that the element input on SetParameterByName is expecting an Element but is being fed an int. Your python node doesn’t look like it’s doing anything. It’s just returning a 0. You probably forgot to change the output of the node.

1 Like

Would that be the output of Python Script node? I’m really lost here

Your python node isn’t doing anything. It has no inputs and just returns the value 0.

It look like instead of using the custom node from Gavin’s Crumple package you have copied the custom nodes components into the outside enviroment. Install Crumple from the package manager and use the nodes.

Video reference point.


Yes, I didn’t knew it won’t work the same way, but at the same time I do have the crumple package and I don’t have this node in it, it’s probably due to older version of dynamo. Is there another way/ different node combination that would give me the same outcome? I’m doing it in Revit2020

Yes, you have already mentioned it above. I’m looking here for a solution

If you really want this to work you will need to comit more time learning how this python node works. Simply typing “python script” and not putting and code in it will never work. Gavin has a lot of python 101 learning courses on youtube, i suggest you start there :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the latest build node is under revit > other > floors > create.

In the next build i am working in I’ll be merging all the other nodes back up to revit.

In builds lower than revit 2022 you cannot create floors with holes in them naturally, only with one outline (curveloop) due to Revit API limitations. The only known workaround we used back then was to create and host openings to the floor after it was created.

I do mention in the intro to my video I believe that this is a known limitation associated with the workflow.