I can't write the room name

Hi all,

I made this Dynamo script a while back when using Revit 2018. I use a custom node from Archi-lab: Elements in Room. It grabs all elements in the room, separates them in lists, then adds the Room Name in an instance parameter.
But it doesn’t seem to work anymore. The custom node still works, but I can’t use Element.SetParameterByName to write the value to the elements parameter.
What’s changed? And how can I write the values to the parameters now?

Thanks in advance,
Edwin

@Edwin.Prakoso Can you show the error? what Dynamo version are you using?

1 Like

The error is

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The best overloaded method match for ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, double)’ has some invalid arguments

It used to work before. But it doesn’t work since I use Revit 2020.
My Dynamo version is:
Dynamo core 2.1.0.7500
Dynamo Revit 2.1.0.7733

Archi-lab version 2019.2.25

@Edwin.Prakoso please share your dyn and post some screenshots

That’s strange. I’m sure I attached the image in my first post.

I managed to find a workaround with custom node from Rhythm: FamilyInstances.Room.
But I’m still curious why this one doesn’t work anymore.

Hi @Edwin.Prakoso

Your are trying to write Instance information in a Type parameter. Mark = Type parameter, That means that if you have a bar chair of the same type in different Room (Names) that means you are trying to write different informations in the same type of bar chair…

Change Mark to Comments just to see if that works out for you this way.

2 Likes

Mark is an instance parameter in my furniture family. The script works before I upgraded to Revit 2020.
I tried two different custom nodes, one from Rhythm and the other is from Archi-lab.
You can see that the Rhythm node works.

Show us the message of the yellow tag, the output of that same node and the output of the nodes you are feeding is with please.