Fireproofing to Structural Framing Problem?

Hello, Can somebody help me please, I have made a script that adds fireproofing to structural framing but i cannot seem to get it to work, can anyone tell me where i am going wrong ?

Structural Framing Fireproofing .dyn (8.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Kieran_Atherton , could you drop a screenshot with error message?

Hello Mostafa, after looking into this topic further I found a thread that someone else was having the same problem with, here is their attempt at the script:

Structural Framing Fireproofing 2.dyn (10.8 KB)

the error message I am getting on the solid.thinshell node is: Warning: Solid.ThinShell operation failed.
Unable to compute shell : RBI_NO_LUMP_LEFT – no lumps left in body

could you drop a dummy rvt ? the issue is obviously linked to the geometry you’re trying to get a thin shell from.
an rvt file with one instance of your strustural framing type would make it possible to solve the issue

Dummy Structural Framing.rvt (1.4 MB)

You should make sure what units you’re working with . With a 5mm offset it works well (I slightly modified the script with newer version of springs.split.recursively):

1 Like

is there a reason why it wont do 10mm ?

@Kieran_Atherton
Solid.ThinShell seems to not be working for thicknesses above 5mm… not sure why though! :slight_smile:
here’s a workaroud :

1 Like

Brillant Mostafa, Thank you.

For anybody who wants the script here it is:
Structural Framing Fireproofing 3.dyn (9.1 KB)

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Just of few questions:
1- How to get the Fine Profile of the beam?

2- To create the actual solid in Revit, would you use DirectShape? is there an alternative?. Direct shape was quite slow in creating the solid around 3 beams.

Thanks.

@salvatoredragotta Use Spring nodes “DirectShapeByGeometry” and “FamilyInstance.ByGeometry”. You can assign material as well. Also clean geometry in Revit.

To Get Medium vs Fine Geometry use “Element.Geometry+” from Clockwork.

5 Likes

If I had to do this I think I would have added the fireproofing in the revit family with thickness and visibility parameters . I think it would be faster and more exploitable in schedules .

2 Likes

@Ben_Osborne @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi Thank you for your reply.