FilledRegion.ByCurves+ gives null

Hello everyone,

does anyone have any idea why I’m getting null values ​​for the FilledRegion.ByCurves+ node. In Revit, I can place the filled region on the view, but not with Dynamo. The node correctly recognizes the number of filled regions to be placed (in this case 3 pieces), but still does not place it.
Works well with horizontal surfaces.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Filled region by subcategory.dyn (43.8 KB)

@m.nagykovacs ,

try flatten the list at @L2,

if it is not working make 3 filled reachon each and indexing your bulk of curves… x[0] #...

@Draxl_Andreas,

Thanks for your help. I did flatten the list, but it doesn’t work. Could you show me what do you mean by make 3 filled regions… I’m new in dynamo.

@m.nagykovacs ,

did you open/close dynamo too

@Draxl_Andreas,

Yes, I did.

@m.nagykovacs ,

can you try rhythm package
grafik

@Draxl_Andreas,

This is weird, as it shows null values with a template family as well, so I don’t understand how can the boundaries are self-intersecting.

1 Like

I see that you’re getting vertical faces and want to draw them in a section.
The fact that a face is vertical doesn’t mean that it is also parallel to that section’s ViewPlane, and you need them parallel to be able to draw a region.
That is just a guess though, the problem might be elsewhere, but I would start by checking if the face’s normal is parallel to the view direction.

@viktor_kuzev

Thanks for your help. The faces are parallel to the section’s ViewPlane, I checked.

When I made sure only faces parallel to the view and not overlapping with each other are fed to the nodes both the ootb and the one from Springs work as expected

@viktor_kuzev,

You were right. If I understand correctly, the faces are not parallel to the view. Can I correct this in dynamo?

Yes, sorry for my messy screenshot

Here is what I did:

1. I took the plane from the view where we want to draw the regions and took that plane’s normal.
  2. I grabbed all vertical faces and took their normals
  3. I check which faces have normals parallel to the view plane normal.
  4. I filter by bool mask and get the one that fulfill my requirements - the ones that are parallel to the view plane.
  5. Here I only take the first element, because the two faces that are left are exactly on top of each other, because I used a wall. This is optional and depends on what you want to do.

Did you try the out-of the box node?

@viktor_kuzev,

Works with the ootb node.
Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

I just noticed in this screenshot that the Springs node is set to longest which is probably why it doesn’t work