Featureline elevation from surfaces

Hello,
I have problem with simple script. Set elevation feature line from surfaces? Screen below

I’m not sure why it doesn’t work but there might be that the node set an elevation on a featureline that is created by Land development nodes.

If you want to set elevation on an existing featureline you can use the Select Objects node from Civil 3D Toolkit or you can select object by layer instead

Still the same problem, I don’t know why?

ElevationfromsurfaceFeaturline.dyn (12.8 KB)

I tested with your graph and it works for me but check your object types, are they feature lines?

Your screenshot say “Civil Object”

Can you send a file with a few example objects?

I made some change but not works. All in attachment.

test.dwg (2.9 MB)
ElevationfromsurfaceFeaturline.dyn (14.5 KB)

Really interesting…
When I check your file I saw that the featurelines didn’t had styles so I changed them it worked fine.
Then I opened a version of your file witouth any changes, both in graph and in dwg and I didn’t had issues to get elevations from the node “All object on Layer” but for some reason I couldn’t use the “Featurelines.Getfromobject” and I got the same errormessage as you but still I’m not able to get the same result. Weird…

Have you checked your Civil 3D and Dynamo version? Do you have all updates?

@p.da
Try
At code block node inter 0,00

I tried also on Civil2022 and another computer.

At code block node inter 0,00 - doesn’t help…

I tested Civil 3D 2024 by myself and it still works for me, but I have an older version than you.
Can you try to add 0.01 instead of 0,00 (point instead of comma) and a relElev of 0.01m?

Sorry that I couldn’t help you

KR,
Patrick

Yes, I used point. All time the same warning. I appreciate your effort. Thanks.
But mystery for me, why script works for you and not works for me.

Agree, I feel the same. :frowning:
Btw, which version of Civil 3D Toolkit do you have installed?
I have this in C3D 2024

I have the same version. I updated everythig incloud windows 11.

1 Like

YES!! now it works for me! Thanks!

1 Like