Feature Line - Set elevation points

Hello guys, i’m trying to find a way to set my feature line elevation points via dynamo, but i’m struggling at doing so, looks like there is no node ready to do this. So i’m trying rn to do it via IronPython, but can’t seen to find the API method to call these points. Any help?

There are nodes in the civil3dtoolkit package you can use.

Which one, exactly? I tried to find something like these there and couldn’t, nothing in the OOTB also. So i thought it was some kind of parameter from my FL, but the only info I can get there is the number of elevation points.

@guilhermeJHXAW you are correct, there are no nodes to do this. You’d need to use the SetPointElevation method in the API. The inputs are the index of the point and the desired elevation. The indexing starts at 0 for the start point of the feature line.

1 Like

Have you tried FeatureLine.InsertPIPoint? It seems to suggest if you feed it points with the same xy it will update the z of the feature line. You can query points from the feature with GetPIPoints then modify that data set and feed it into the intersert pi point node.

Unfortunately I’ve never gotten this to work :confused:

Hmm yeah I just tried that and you’re right, it didn’t do anything. Sorry @guilhermeJHXAW I thought there was a more straightforward way.

The workflow i’m working with consists in offsetting my original FL, getting the x, y from both, take the elevation data from my excel, create cogo points with these coordinates, create a cogo group with these points, using them to generate a surface over my original FL, then I go into the elevation editor for my original FL, and use the elevation relative to surface method to pull my FL to the correct Z, and it work just right.

But documenting this workflow, I felt like it has too much chance of error if a operator who doesn’t know what is happening in the background try to use it.

Thanks for the replys, I’ll work on this node during the weekend, and will post it in the forum when I finish it!