Family not pointing Z vector

Hey,
I have installed latest versions of Revit/Dynamo and Im facing some issues… I cant make family to follow Z axis of UCS coordinate system. Its targeting always Z axis of WCS. Any Ideas?
In family options Always vertical is NOT marked.

Use a face based or work plane based family. Be sure always vertical is off. From your layout the use of adaptive components would likely be advisable.

@jacob.small its still not working… I have used this node for similar task but in previous version and it was working fine… Now I cant make it work. If you want try it but on latest version.
Anchors.rfa (760 KB)

So this graph works in Revit 2022 Dynamo 2.12? I am moving this weekend and won’t have my cpu to do such tests unfortunately. I would recommend using an adaptive family though as two place points would define things very consistently by comparison, and could also be used to control anchor depth.

1 Like

Yes, rotating family instances by the coordinate system was working with Revit 2023. Now its NOT working. I have to create it as an adaptive component to place it properly. Thanks.