EYZ Coordiantes Extraction for ELectrical Equipment

Hello,

I am a beginner Dynamo user and I am trying to use it to Extract the XYZ coordinates for Electrical Equipment ( the Instance Insertion point only). I have taken a stab at it but it is not working for me. I am trying to Populate the coordinates into 3 shared Project Parameters:
_X Coordinate
_Y Coordinate
_Z Coordinate

if anyone could let me know what I am doing wrong would be great. I am not able to upload the script as I am a new user.

Thank you kindly
Rod

@MTSL3D Welcome to the Dynamo community.

What are you trying to achieve by using the Geometry.Transform node?

What’s the error on the SetParameterByName node?

You might want to convert the double to string if your _X Coordinate parameter type is set as text.

@AmolShah Thank you kindly for the reply. I am a new user so I am not sure of what I Am doing.

All I would like to do is to schedule the X, Y, and Z coordinates of each piece of Electrical Equipment.

By using the Geometry.Transform node I was hoping to set the coordinates to Shared

The Set.ParameterByName error is as follows:

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, Revit.Elements.Element)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, string)’

@MTSL3D This is how my _X Coordinate parameter is configured

Since it’s a Text Type Parameter, we will put a String from Object node before the SetParameterByName node.
You can use the node from GeniusLoci package to transform the Coordinates as required.

EE.dyn (25.2 KB)

Thank you very Much @AmolShah, your help is much appreciated.

1 Like

@AmolShah Thank you that works great!