Extract parameter value from one family and assign to another

I am developing a structural model. I have piles below pile cap. Mark values for Pile cap are already assigned. I want to assign those mark values to piles as well. The workaround I used is to get location of piles, create a sphere at that point and apply intersection between piles and pile cap. I got the result that which pile is intersecting with which pile cap. But as in image, there is at least 2 piles attached
to single pile cap. How can i group them and execute what i want.
Pile cap and Piles.dyn (36.6 KB)

Hi @pics.munmun without a sample rvt file it isnt easy to find out whats goin on,probably the subcomponent you looking for…not sure

Hi @sovitek, Thank you for your reply. in my case, pile and cap are separate. Also i will assign mark value(parameter) to pile cap manually and want to run dynamo script to assign same mark value to piles, which are connected to that pile cap.

Also there is a new problem, all solid spheres are not created at same level as expected.

thanks…try something here and see if it could work for you…

1 Like

@sovitek Hard to see if you are using the bounding box around the caps or the piles

I would suggest using the piles for the bounding box as there are caps that look like this

2 Likes

arhh yeah thats true :wink: here is another example but guess both will work in this case here…but better to do it with the piles as @Mike.Buttery suggest :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, a variation with raybounce from Data-shapes

Sincerely
christian.stan

Thanks @sovitek @Mike.Buttery @Christhian for your reply.
I have another issue, i want to automate the numbering of pile, first as per X coordinate
and then according to y coordinate, if i find any group then i want to use above criteria first locally within the group and then globally, how can i get it done

1 Like

Can you please share this dynamo file. Thank you

Hi @pics.munmun thats another question , please create a new topic, thanx

dont have it anymore, try see if you can follow, and if doesnt work then show us where it fail with an image of your graph with all nodes expanded

Thanks, i was able to do it.