Extract Depth value from specified subassembly

Dear All!

I’ve just started to learn Dynamo for Civil 3D. For the first step I would like to read the depth value from a chosen subassembly. I created a script to list the doubple type parameteres (that is what I found). Maybe the seventh could be the depth. How can I read the value of this parameter?

Hi,
Are you looking for something like this? You can filter these values as you need.

There is a Subassembly.GetParameterValueByName node in the C3DToolkit, but I couldn’t make it work right now.

2 Likes

Yes, something like this. But without to define the name of the subassembly. I need the depth values, for pay items. Just to introduce my vision, we have customized elements, based on the GenericPavementStructure. We add Pay Item codes for shape and link codes. (Until today we can not figure out how we can change the name of the element, and put it to a palette). So my first goal is that a dynamo script check the used shape codes in an assembly, read the depth values, and write the correct formula in the PayItem list. Maybe the very first step could be to select a subassembly, and the script read the shape and link codes, plus the depth, then write the correct formula for the exact item in the Pay Item list.

As I see you are hungarian, If you are an expert in Dynamo, and you are open for a cooperation, we can organize a training (not for free of course).

Okay, now I understand, the issue. Would it not be easier to calculate the volume from coded shapes?
If it is for only asphalt I get the idea, as it has constant thickness, but how do you handle if a pay item exists with multiple thicknesses? Is there a pay item/code set style for every pavement structure type?

I have another idea to handle this :slight_smile: