Exporting sheets to Excel schedule

Hi,
I created an algorithm to allow me to update our Excel drawing register so that it always contains the latest drawing sheets created in Revit. The Excel spreadsheet needs to display the following drawing sheet information:

1. sheet number
  2. sheet name
  3. paper size/drawing size (A1, A2, A3, etc)
  4. scale
    I had no problem with items “sheet name” and “sheet number” as they are sheet parameters and it was quite easy to get them from Revit.
    My problem is with scale and paper size.
    I couldn’t work out how to extract the paper size and the problem with the scale is that it does not display the way in should in Excel such as 1:100. it displays as a division of 1 and 100.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
1 Like

Hi @Vera
I can think of two options

1. Try adding a String from Object node to the output for the scale; if it is only a formatting issue
    OR
  2. Extract the relevant plan view (if the sheet has more than one view) from the sheet (use Views+ from Sheets from Spring Nodes package) and then get the scale from there (if the former doesn’t work)

For Paper size; I reckon you would have to name the Title block family accordingly & extract it from there

R. Chandrasekar

Hi,
I added a “string from object” node at the output of the scale and it worked! thank you so much!
if i use the name of the sheet family to extract the paper size (by naming it to represent the paper size), what would be the best node to use? I tried “Family.Name” but it gave me an error

hi vera

do you mean the sheet family or the title block?

nico

the title block…

FamilyType.Name

thank you so much for your help! this is my first attempt to use Dynamo :slight_smile:

I am glad i could help
i am a beginner too

tips for learning:
the dynamo Primer
chapter 8.2 is very helpful for further understanding of revit in combination with dynamo
http://dynamoprimer.com/en/08_Dynamo-for-Revit/8-2_Selecting.html

1 Like

Thanks for the link, it is very useful.
I still have one problem to solve with this algorithm which became apparent after I tested it on a big project.
The sheets are not organised in number order but are shuffled.
Do you have any idea why this could be?
I have attached the “dyn” file for reference.Transmittal script.dyn (19.0 KB)

i look into it
with excel you can also use sorting and filtering and use sorting from A to Z

Transmittal script.dyn (19.0 KB)

use list.sort Node

Hi Nico,
the “list.sort” node worked just for the first column but the rest of the columns did not re-arranged accordingly. I will look into it again on the weekend and will post it if successful.
thanks a lot