Exporting from schedule to excel file

Is it possible to read a schedule parameter to excel file like count parameter

There were previous posts on this topic:

Do you mean the item count that shows how many elements are in a schedule?
I don’t know if that’s possible directly from the schedule, but you could use Dynamo to essentially recreate your schedule by filtering elements and getting a count of items in that list.

yes that’s right, i need dynamo to read count number from schedule to excel sheet , and i did not find a node can read from schedule

I don’t think you’ll be able to get the count from the schedule. Try getting the elements by category and filtering your selection as needed to get the elements that are in your schedule. You can then get a count of those elements from Dynamo.

1 Like

@Abdulrahman_Qasem bimorphnodes package has a “Schedule.GetData” node that you can feed into your Write.Excel node.

Search for the bimorph package in the package manager.

@Nick_Boyts I’m confused, unless I’m missing something on what he’s trying to count, you can get count in schedules within Revit.

1 Like

Schedules can give you a count of elements, but I don’t think the API has access to it (at least I didn’t see anything). So I don’t think you’d be able to use Dynamo to get that count directly from the schedule view. You’d have to filter through elements in Dynamo (just like a Revit schedule does) and get a count that way. At least that’s my guess.

It works this way for me!

count from schedule

Ahhh! I was totally misunderstanding the problem. I thought they wanted to get the element count from the footer, not the actual count parameter. That’s my mistake for not paying attention to the question.

Good work.

1 Like

It appears that also works as well! If the count isn’t in the footer though, the same number can be obtained by setting removeHeadings to true and then using the count node if itemize every instance is unchecked in the schedule :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s nifty.

1 Like

Yes that is , i need to use parameter in tag parameter to show how many elements that are exist in the project with the same instances

Yes that is , i need to use parameter in tag parameter to show how many elements that are exist in the project with the same instances