Export Revit Families to a specific CAD layer using Dynamo?

Hello, I want to know if there is anyway using dynamo to convert a specific family to a CAD layer using Dynamo exporting tools?

Thanks

Yes. A few ways. I have built a Dynamo workflow for a customer which exported to layers which were defined by parameter values. Was a paid effort so I can’t share, but I can confirm it is doable.

Thanks Jacob, I`ll share the process here.I will try to create the script. Is there any package you recommend.?

I did mine entirely with Python, utilizing both Dynamo for Revit and Dynamo for Civil 3D and the associated APIs for the respective host applications…

1 Like

I’m not getting it i have no much experience with the Python commands, I’m not sure why in my dynamo the pyrhon scrypt nodes don’t work. I tried using the LinkCAD packages but i can only get the Cad information that are inside the revit model. I can’t set a export settings that let me choose the Layer an specific family should be exported to. This is because I need different families from the same category to be in different layers.

This isn’t an easy task; if it were you’d already have a node for it readily available.

It may be that if you have a pressing deadline you’ll need to hire a developer, or if you have time build up your Python skills prior to taking this on.

Do basic Python nodes work to do something draw a point (edit the last line of a new Python node to be OUT = Point.ByCoordinates(1,1,1) to check).

2 Likes