Export Quantities of all modeled elements to Excel

Hi,
Can we automate the extraction and export of quantities of selected elements or all elements to Excel?

Best Regards
Winn

Yes we can. There are many example on this forum. You could search on forum search bar you will find many topics.

Hi Kulkul, thanks for the quick response. I did a quick search but couldnt find a way to export all elements, their parameters to excel. Could you please point me to a particular thread, if possible?

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards
Winn

Hi :slight_smile:

I think your question is too general. We don’t know anything about your project, what information you have access to, what you want to do with it, etc.
It like if you asked us : “Is it possible to build a building ?”. Yes, it is, but there is so much to tell about it that it would be impossible to help you.

1 Like

Hi Mllouze,

I have a structural model in Revit, with walls, beams, slabs, columns and other elements modeled. I would like to extract all quantities of all elements, along with parameters ( ex: column - height, size, volume, surface area ) to Excel.

I could upload a sample quantity takeoff, but as a new user, i cannot do so. Hope the above clarifies??

Thanks

This is pretty straight forward you could collect all elements using categories and Allelementsofcategory node → use GetParameter node to get the values → additemsatfront node to add headers → Transpose lists → Export excel node to export data to excel. Have a look at this video:

1 Like

Thanks Kulkul, Let me try this!

Best Regards
Winn

hi, were you able to find a script for it.

Try this workflow:

1 Like

Thanks a lot the end goal of my project is to create a dynamo script for life cycle costing of a building. Do you know any reference material.

Pick a database that suits your goals. Epic, Footprint, Ice etc.

From there you’re just ensuring your modelling methods and measurements can be aligned to rates outside Revit. There’s no reference I’m aware of. We’ve done a bit of this where I work and it’s mostly just a matter of having good/clean data and well managed modelling. Most firms can’t do LCA as the modelling and/or data are generally pretty awful. Solve that part first, then automate. It should almost be so good that you could schedule it in Revit live if you wanted to.