Export FamilyInstance.location to excel, then import coordinates

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum and I hope to be doing things correctly. If not, please tell me and I’ll correct it :slight_smile:

I’m learning both Revit and Dynamo by myself, using videos or forums like this one where I already get answers to my issues. Then, thanks for what you’ve done here, for the answers and the asks.

To do it as short as possible :
I have to export the insertion point of some objects to Excel. For that, I used the FamilyInstance.Location to grab XYZ coordinates. For example, I get this value :
Point(X = -99.803, Y = 45.468, Z = -0.950)
This node has a “Point” output, then it means I should be able to use it to position something on that point.
I then have to use those coordinates to create objects in another project. But when I try to use the value as insertion point, I get an error because a point can’t be a string…

Do you know if I can deal with it in some ways ?
Here’s a picture of my dynamo if it can help you understand what I need to do… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help, I hope you’ll be able to understand me… I’m french and I didn’t learn english that much at school :smiley:

Bonsior @Remi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ,

Have you tried using the nodes Point.X, Point.Y and Point.Z as export values into an Excel-file? Then when you need these points again, you can read these from Excel and recreate points with the Point.ByCoordinates Node. (If you need help with this, i would be more than happy to assist you :slight_smile: )

Regards,
Daan

PS: glad to hear that you are learning Dynamo and Revit by yourself!!

Thanks a lot @Daan !
Both Dynamo and Revit are stimulating, I really enjoy it :slight_smile: There’s a lot of ways to complete goals, and maybe it was why I spent my time trying to use the inapropriate node :stuck_out_tongue:
I was wondering I could use the location node to save rows (and time maybe…) but your solution is 100%sure to use the data ^^

Thanks again for your answer !

1 Like

I think it is easier to just export your individual X,Y and Z coordinates :slight_smile: