Export boundaries of Revit Rooms to SVG, and use them in PowerBi

tried with different page sizes and different canvas sizes. But unfortunately the label size still the same. :roll_eyes:

to clarify, yes the font size will stay the same, but changing the canvas / page size relative to the font size will make it seem bigger or smaller

Hi @adam_bear1
Label size is showing a constant size even at different canvas/page size. Sorry to bother you again.
Some of my rooms are exporting as area and do not get filtered in power BI, Could you please tell me the possible reasons?
The portion in gray color as not getting filtred in power BI.

Second thing curved portion of the room is exporting as a straight line. Could you please investigate that ?

As I mentioned above I didn’t test this script with ‘curved’ curves but if you send me your files I’ll take a look and see what I can do…

Any luck on getting it work for curved walls?

Hands up I have not had the time to develop svg exports from revit to power bi via dynamo

If its something your really keen for though, looks like the excellent folks at proving ground (@Nathan_Miller) have you covered with ‘tracer’

1 Like

I also used the code and was able to create a plugin but it still does not do anything for curved walls.

Does this plugin do curved walls?

New solutions are coming from Australia :

Thanks @GavinCrump

1 Like

You’re welcome. Part 1 next Monday, part 2 on Thursday. My workflow implements a segmentation algorithm to facet curves (arc/spline) to a tolerant segment length.

1 Like

If someone needs information about those workflows, be aware that Windows regional setting can cause issues on the SVG export Node from illustrator package

The solutions that the Illustrator package author ( many many thanks to him) gave me is to change the setting in Windows, to replace commas in decimal separator with points

Many Thanks also to Gavin Crump that helps a lot for finding this issue

Two links :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-comma-to-period-as-default-decimal/814da317-9b5f-4bb3-afcc-7630831d71f6

3 Likes

Hello

I made a good export from Revit via Dynamo. Unfortunately, my pointer in Power BI is not good. It looks like the scaling isn’t right. Had someone an idea?

Did you check the regional settings of your computer ?

The decimal numbers must be composed with points and not commas

see the upper post :

thanks for the help, I’m looking for…:slight_smile:

I make a Test, get the unit of dot or comma…but it doesen’t work…my svg file is also with comma in the watch Block, the Polylinies are with dots