Export 3D Geometry to Power BI

This is so great feedback, thank you!
Now, if you already liked the version that was available a few months back, then I am confident that you will like the new features and improvements that have been added to our release of last week even more.

I have updated the online example that got posted previously in this thread, but, just for reference I will post that same url again: Microsoft Power BI

This example includes our latest 3D visual for Power BI and I must admit that I am satisfied with the performance we achieved during this iteration of updates. What is your opinion?

1 Like

This just keeps getting better! The added feature of saved viewpoints and auto-zoom to selection is perfect. On complex models users could get lost but no longer an issue. I canā€™t stress enough how amazing this plugin has been, its really been revolutionizing material coordination, formwork planning, and change management. Being able to quickly see the impacts on our material orders and quantities relative to design team revisions is awesome, having it in a 3d format than any user can navigate is really next level. For example as the formwork contractor we are running design team model comparisons for formal revisions (dynamo) and providing the results to our material coordinators and field team via Power3DBI dashboards. Its putting the 3d models in the hands of mobile users that would otherwise never have access to such a tool.

is it free access?
Because apparently we are trying to solve something that is more accessibleā€¦
Since the applications have an EXCESSIVE cost which is not an option.

Most apps for this are not cheap, and likely wont be free unless they are too simple. Developers typically have no motivation to make such a tool free.vImho thereā€™s no point using these types of tools unless you use power bi web which isnā€™t free either.

Iā€™d say the most affordable one on the market which also offers a good range of features is Tracer. Not free, but perpetual lisence so the longer you use it the better the value. Sorry to combobreak the app developer and customerā€™s compliment chain:

1 Like