I recent downloaded the updated version of the Excel to Revit script made by Brendan Cassidy. The script is great as it recognises the UK BS1192 naming standards and automatically updates your drawing sheets within Revit from excel. The script works fine with a blank excel sheet but I am trying to incorporate it into my firm’s own drawing register but I am having no luck trying to filter out the null fields out.
I asked Brendan on what he thought the problem was and his reply was:
‘I think it is probably because it is bringing null values in from the lower empty cells, What happens is if their has been a edited cell at some point it still brings it in but as a null value, so I probably need to add some way of checking for this and eliminating these null values’
Can anyone tell me how best to filter these fields out? I have attached a dummy copy of our drawing register / Revit template and the script I am using to populate my drawing sheets within Revit
Drawing Register.xlsx (27.1 KB)
Sheet Creation From Excel v0.4.dyn (55.9 KB)
Excel to Revit Test.rvt (1.8 MB)
I have got something together for eliminating the null values but just need to actually implement it into the scripts for issue and this should be done by about late on Tuesday.
This little node setup will filter for null parameters and drop them from the list.
I hope you didn’t mind me posting this topic on here, I didn’t want to keep bombarding you with drawing register emails as I predict you have enough on your plate already. I also wanted to know how the filtering was done and what the best node is to use to deal with this task.
I will wait look out for your revised script update, and if you could give me a heads up that would be great.
To filter null fields, do you have to get them into a separate
I do not a if i do not hear these issues i cannot help by sorting my my script so keep them coming.
Bombard me with emails if you have to, will help me keep on track ]
Basic terms to sort them is to see them and then to filter to them out but i want to advise or prove some info on what is filtered.
Fingers crossed something be sorted by tuesday
Here is a copy of my completed version that sorts through all the null values and eliminates them as required.
Dang, sorry for the slow reply here, I didn’t see the notification to a post. the snippet above will drop nil values from the list you feed going into the “==” node. The output of FilterByBoolMask In will give you two lists. “In” will be all of the items marked true, out will be all the items marked false. At this point you have 2 new lists you can work with. You will need to maintain the original list if you’re going to write to “Some” of the true or false objects. You don’t if you only want to write to all of the True or false items from the new list outputs.
The easiest way I can keep it sorted in my head, is you’re building two lists here. One is a list of all the values, the other is a list of values that are “True”. You need to filter out the “falses” so you can write to a 100% True list, as Dynamo will fail if it tries to process “nulls”. FilterByBoolMask combines these two lists, and the outputs are all true or all false. You can pick your path on Trues or Falses, as both situations have use depending what you’re trying to do.