Excel, List managment

Hi All

*Edit: Updated Image so you can see the nodes

Another List question I’m afraid. I can’t seem to find the solution to this particular issue, apologies if it already exists.
I am reading information from excel (list of COBie Parameters), and also reading a list of Categories from Excel. I extract the parameter data in Revit then re-export back to excel. All working well.

The issue I am having is sorting the lists so they export the way I want. I would like all the data to be in columns with the Parameter Name as the header and all the parameter values for that specific one listed below, similar to this Spreadsheet:

The issue is that the list is “grouped” by the categories, each one with a varying number of items for each category, so I’m confused how to map/transpose the multiple values to one parameter header (hopefully that makes sense). I have tried multiple variations of List.transpose and lacing of the final data output with no luck.

Here is the definition I have created:

I have attached the Revit file, spreadsheet reference, and Dynamo definition if anyone wants to use/test.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Testt Mapping.dyn (59.0 KB) Test Excel.xlsx (9.9 KB) Data_model_test.rvt (2.0 MB)

Hi @Alisder_Brown,

I think this is what you require.

Testt Mapping.dyn (59.5 KB)

Thanks! Worked a treat :slight_smile:

1 Like