Evaluate tangent transform

Hello,

I have problems using the Evaluate tangent transform.. node.

Ever then I add the parameter for the position along the curve to the node-> Dynamo chrash.

Did anyone use this node and it works?

Thx a lot.

Regards

André

Thanks guys,

I filed this bug for the issue.

https://github.com/ikeough/Dynamo/issues/509

Looks like this node only takes geometry curves at the moment, so you need a "Geometry Curve from Model Curve" in the workflow.

Looks like a bug, feels like a bug - you should submit it to the GitHub site. I am getting the same bug with other kinds of curves as well.

There's an example of a sweep done in Dynamo here.

Regarding the workflow - I think it depends entirely on what you're trying to do and what is already available in your project. My personal rule of thumb is I only use Dynamo for tasks that I can't perform with the UI (which is mostly driving data into the model) or for tasks that I consider too painful with the UI (e.g. hosting a large number of points by intersection).

Hi Andreas,

I hope I use the current version!

If I connect a simple line to the curve or edge input-> everything works.

If I use a Curve by Points -Curve (a spline) Dynamo crashs.

The final target is to sweep a circle along a 3d-spline-> should not be that hard, but I didn't find a solution.

The 3d tube should be the compression ring of a stadium structure.

What is the optimal worklflow if you want to generate solid-elements with Dynamo/Vasary?-> Develop the references (Points and lines, curves) in Dynamo and do the solid-modelling in Vasari on top of the Dynamo-References. I couldn't find good example-videos for solid-modelling at youtube or the Vasari page.

THX a lot

Regards

André

Hi André,

nice to see you on this forum.

The node works fine for me.

Which version of Dynamo are you using?

Can you post some more info?