Error Opening File

Hello everyone,

I was working on a dynamo script and it was working very well. Then I closed it and tried to open it again but I am getting following error and I can not open the file anymore. Is there anyonw who can help me ?

2D_TRUSS_V4.dyn (40.1 KB)

Perhaps an add-in or package conflict. Can restart your CPU, start Revit and Dynamo and try to open this file, and if the issue persists quit Revit ans post your Dynamo log and Revit journal from that session.

I tried it , still gives same error, " quit Revit ans post your Dynamo log and Revit journal from that session." Can you help me I dont know how to to this ?

Instructions on locating the Dynamo log can be found here:

And instructions on locating the Revit journal can be found here:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Location-of-journal-files.html

Repeat all the steps after the restart above and make sure you grab the latest journal and log after quitting Revit.

I just realized that I can open same document with Revit dynamo, but I can not open it with RSA dynamo, can I get Dynamo log for RSA in same way ?

Yes - same process. However I am not sure where the Robot equivalent of a Revit journal might be… Let’s use the log for now.

Is this my dynamo log ? "Dynamo log started 2023-06-29 09:46:35Z

Looks like it. Can you post the file as the forum doesn’t like formatting. If you can’t upload attachments use a 3rd party service like dropbox, box, onedrive, googledrive, etc…

Here you can find them I think

I don’t have a public gmail to request access with. Can you open the permissions up to public?

Can you try again ?

Looks like there is a conflicting Dynamo tool… Can you disable all custom packages and view extensions in the RSA Dynamo instance?

The other possible issue is that Optimo is old. Like Feburary of 2015 old, making it about 8 and a half… In software terms that’s beyond the point of life support. As such it may not work in the context of RSA (or anything for that matter). Try opening another graph with no Optimo nodes in it and see if that opens cleanly.

Thank you for help but How can I disable custom packages ? I can not reach the script with dynamo.

1. Open a dynamo
  2. Dynamo > Preferences
  3. Go into package manager
  4. Expand “node and package file locations”
  5. Toggle on the “Disable loading custom packages” button
  6. Go to the paths listed in the package/library search paths and look for definitions folders. Rename any which are found.
  7. Restart Dynamo

I have the same issue, did you manage to solve it?