<p style=“color: #000000;”>what i am doing:</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>1) i select rooms from my project</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>2) extract the room location</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>3) place an elevation marker</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>4) create 4 views</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>here the corresponding pictures:</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>first the rooms</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>start</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>now i programmatically place elevationmarkers in the rooms’ center.</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>resulting in 4 elevations per room ( as expected)</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”></p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>as you can see, the bounding elements are not displayed.</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>view</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>if i now manually select "Size Crop"and only confirm the selection (without changing anything) the bounding elements are displayed!</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>cut</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>and this picture:</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>after</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>i already found out, that the boundingbox for the elevation is limited to the rooms’ geometry:</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>sectionbox</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>and now at last my python code:</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>code</p>
<p style=“color: #000000;”>any suggestions?</p>

Hey Peter

Have you developed this any further?

I am trying to do the exact same thing (Create 4 elevation for each or my room, cropped properly) and i am stuck

I am a complete Noob with Python so im not really able to make much sense of your code.

Would you be able to post a graph and the full code or the file and how its working please? Im stuck and really not wanting to create the elevations manually :confused:

Cheers

Does anyone else have any input on this?
This task is on track to saving days of work for me or someone else so im really keen to try and get it working for me. Any further help is greatly appreciated!!

:slight_smile:

I couldn’t get that Python script to work - did an optical character recognition on the image then pasted it into a python node and corrected the typos that the OCR made but it wouldn’t work. Anyone else got a script for making elevations ?

Phillip if you are trying to adopt the python script and you are on revit 2016 you have to change i.get_Parameter(“Lichte Höhe”) into i.LookupParamer(“Lichte Höhe”) due to changes in the api

Peter, Am I right in assuming that parameter “Lichte Hohe” translates to “Unbounded Height”, for those of us on an english version of Revit?

1. Exactly

Peter,

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to get this to work for me. I think I’ve made some progress, and I have certainly learned a lot. But having trouble with the inputs (how many are needed and what type is expected).

Is planfilter an expected input? Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

rene, the only input i wired into that node were rooms and scale (of the views)

Peter

I’m on the same boat as Rene here :confused:

Would you be able to explain the “planfilter” variable in the code. Where and how is it being defined? I’m unsure how this is being used. I set it as an input but it is not accepting any plan views i feed in to it. It may well be obvious but im still in early stages of learning python so im not sure.

Also, how are you wiring in the Scale?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Alisder,

New line of enquiry just found here http://learndynamo.com/mod2/

It thoroughly describes the process of unwrapping elevations from model lines, but says it can be applied to walls as well. I think with minor tinkering, it will serve our purposes.

Let’s get cracking…